Understanding Artificial Intelligence
The first episode of the Ask AI Podcast kicks off with an exclusive interview with Kathryn Hume, VP of Product and Strategy at Canadian artificial intelligence powerhouse Integrate.AI.
A leading voice in North America, Kathryn is incredibly adept at explaining techniques and concepts within artificial intelligence (including “explainability” itself).
Co-hosts Jaxson Khan (Nudge.ai) and Heather Evans (Government of Ontario) lead this overview of the technologies, challenges, and myths in AI.
Full of practical real-world insights, our kick-off episode is the perfect introduction to the AI sector for Canadians from all walks of life.
- Hear Kathryn’s definition of artificial intelligence: 0 mins 58 secs
- Supervised vs. unsupervised machine learning: 2 mins 05 secs
- Why reinforcement machine learning is so exciting: 6 mins 02 secs
- Artificial intelligence and the future of work: 7 mins 56 secs
- The actual risks AI poses to society: 9 mins 15 secs
- Explaining the concept of explainability: 10 mins 10 secs
- Hear about Kathryn’s career journey: 13 mins 10 secs
- Integrate.AI’ s “shared data platform” approach: 17 mins 56 secs
- Why Toronto excites Kathryn: 19 mins 57 secs
- Inside AI (Rob May’s blog)
- The Exponential View (Azeem Azhar’s blog)
- Import AI (Jack Clark newsletter)
- Distill Blog
- O’Reilly Media Website
- Kathryn Hume on Twitter
- Integrate.AI on Twitter
- Integrate.AI on LinkedIn
- Vector Institute Website
- Electric Brain (episode sponsor)
Ask Our Chatbot
This episode and and a galaxy of resources are also available in the Ask AI chatbot.
About Ask AI
Interview recorded by: